Friday, September 11, 2015

Easy Natural Hairstyle for School Days

“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central forJust For Me. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”

One of my goals for the Summer was to learn how to braid or twist good enough to do protective styling on Savannah for the school week. I still haven't gotten my skills all the way tight but I have made a vast improvement from where I started.


Savannah and I have been trying out the new hair milk collection from Just For Me. I was so happy with the results from the hair care line. One of my favorite products was the detangler spray. That's what we used this morning to take Sav's hair from a pineapple top ponytail down to some protective flat twists. 


After fully detangling her hair I sectioned it into parts and began twisting. I love this style because it is something fast and easy to do before school. We still haven't quite figured out how to make styles last overnight (we have tried bonnets) so I have to have styles that are quick to do in the mornings. 

I used the Curl Smoother to moisturize her hair. It's lightweight and works really well with her texture. While twisting I used the Smoothing Edges Crème on her edges. The crème is alcohol free and provides a medium hold which is great for getting those little baby hairs to lay down.

just for me hair styling products

I am really loving the results from the products. Her hair is so soft. These twists will make for a beautiful twist out this weekend. After all the twists were done I used bobby pins to secure them and added the bow in the front because Savannah loves a bow...

kids natural hairstyle


I think I'm getting better with styling. Having the right products helps a lot. The new Just For Me Hair Milk Collection is available at Walmart. The line has helped us pass the #5FingerChallenge and I cannot express how great it is to be able to detangle with your fingers! It makes for a #happyhairtime for everyone involved.

If you're like me and still new to braiding and twists I would recommend getting on Youtube and watching tutorials. If you have a friend that can teach you that's always helpful too. 

Have you taken the #5FingerChallenge yet? If you have any styling tips or video tutorials to share with me please drop them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!