Monday, October 24, 2016

Giving Thanks: Our New Home

Pacific Northwest Trail

We are officially a month away from my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. I have always wanted to do one of those cute Thankful trees or Thanksgiving advent calendar with my family but I never seem to make it happen. Maybe I should head to Pinterest to find some DIY ideas...

Anyway. With Thanksgiving coming up I thought it would be fun to share some of the things I am thankful for. I have been such a bad blogger lately while working on my fitness business but I'm trying to find my balance and make more time for this space.

Pacific Northwest Trail

Today I am thankful for our new home. The place that covers my family's head and the beautiful area that surrounds it. I have never seen trees so big and tall. On a really clear day you can see great views of the mountains. Breathtaking. My iPhone pics don't do the scenery here justice. I'll go out one day with my real camera and get better shots.

Pacific Northwest

There is also a calmness about living here that I think I needed. Maybe it's the rain but the vibe here is so calm and chill. It blows my mind when I here people say they don't like living in this area. There is tons to do. The first two pics from this post are from a trail I walked on Friday. It was perfect.

Pacific Northwest

I am so thankful that we get to call this place home for the next couple years. It is my goal to explore and see as much as we can during our time here. I'll probably cry when my husband gets his next set of orders. I know a new adventure will be amazing but I can't imagine it getting any better than this.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. The trail looks beautiful. I love walking trails near the water.
    I'm thankful for time with my family and for flexibility that we have with homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been enjoying the trails too! I bet that flexibility allows for so much more family time.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!