Sunday, January 5, 2014

Quick Dinner Idea: Sofrito Shrimp Tacos

This is one of those dinner ideas that you accidentally stumble upon because you're tired of eating all of your normal meals. You're in the grocery store and you just grab things that you've heard people say a lot on the Food Newtork…Am I the only one that's done that? Maybe so.

This is a less than 30 minute (cook time) dinner. It is so good. When I say good I mean it's so good that there weren't any leftovers. Maybe we were hungry or greedy but it was banging.

So the first thing you'll want to do is season your shrimp with this...

This is the main ingredient for this Sofrito super fast tacos. I get the Goya brand. Cause you know, if it's Goya...


I use about 4 heaping teaspoons for a pound and a half of shrimp. You want it to look like this. Covered and smothered. Pop that in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.


I then chopped my veggies.


And sautéed them with a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper...


These are the tortillas we use. They are so good and good for you...


Here they are on my plate. (don't judge me. i needed all three of these.)


And folded up ready to meet their fate. Yum!! So easy and so fast. I topped them with some of my homemade salsa. That recipe is here...

Will you be making these? They are so good and so fast and easy to make. I can't say that enough, LOL! They are a little spicy if you add the salsa so keep that in mind when you plate for the little ones.


10 comments:

  1. These look yummy. These folks around here aren't big on tomatoes. I'm pretty sure they won't know. Adding this to a recipe to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tomato taste isn't strong at all. I hope your family enjoys them!!

      Delete
  2. OMG! This looks delicious! Pinning! Thanks for sharing and linking up with Countdown in Style! Don't forget to come back on Friday to see if you were featured!

    ~~April~~
    100lbCountdown.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Tia. I shared a Chicken Sofrito recipe on my blog the other week and I'm wondering if this is packed with that same flavor. Yum and yum! Thanks for sharing with us at Countdown in Style! Don't forget to stop by on Friday to see if you are featured! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just might have the same flavor. I think the salsa I use as a topping takes it up a notch!

      Delete
  4. This looks so yummy! I might have to try this soon, because I'm tired of making different variations of chicken around here lol. The kids have Taco Tuesday every other Tuesday, so I'm gonna surprise them with this one. I hope they like it.

    Thanks for sharing, Tia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have got to try it!!! I am in LOVE with this little meal!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!