Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Now That She's Two...

Yesterday my little family celebrated Savannah's second birthday. We had a nice low key outing and Sav had a blast. It could not have been more perfect. Since we're currently knee deep in boxes and our family and friends are time zones away I felt there was no need to throw together a party. We did a nice party last year so honestly I was happy to have this year off. 

Now that Savannah is two I feel a huge sense of urgency to do more. I feel like I should be feeding her brain everything from letters and numbers to animals and shapes. Should I be signing her up for a ballet class? Is she still too young for a toddler a bed? I could go on forever with all the things I think I should be doing with her. She's in that in between stage of no longer being a baby but not quite a (pre) pre-schooler. Or is she considered pre-school now? See. I don't even know.

I think the age of two comes with a lot of new and exciting things for kids. For example, Savannah is now using regular toothpaste, which she was very happy about. We picked some out together at the grocery store and she's asked to brush her teeth at least three times today. I decided that she will abandon her crib and we converted it to the toddler bed version today. Since we were putting it back together from the move I figured it was no point in making it a crib again. We'd eventually have to take it down. She's a big girl now. Which means she's not flying for free anymore either. That sucks. We also have given up on the high chair and booster seat at home. Savannah has been eating at the kitchen table like a big girl. See. So much is changing already and she's only been two for twenty four hours.

I can only imagine what this year is going to be like for us. We'll be doing lots of new things and she'll be learning a lot. She's like a little sponge. I'm going to do my best to prepare her for pre-school, but I honestly have no clue where to begin. A few days I taught her that she now lives in Texas. So if you ask her where she lives she say, "Teck-shizz". I've also been going over shapes with her and today while we were out she identified a star and showed it to me. I was so proud of her. That's when it hit me that she's actually listening and retaining the things that I'm teaching her. She's definitely not a baby anymore now that she's two. 

3 comments:

  1. Two is what I like to call the beginning of the sponge years. You really start to see just how much they're paying attention to the things that we say. Maybe, you all can join some playgroups or mommy & me circles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are def going to get involved in some groups now that we're all settled. Those mommy n me groups and play dates make a HUGE difference!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!